The stories of wheat production, history and people are told on an online exhibit called, “Wheat People,” hosted at the Kansas State Historical Society web site. The Kansas Wheat Commission is proud to sponsor the exhibit, which features a wealth of interactive features, including:
- Wheat History– Corn used to be “King” in Kansas
- Gearing Up – Getting ready for harvest
- On the Run – Everybody moves quickly
- Family – Coming together in the fields
- Fast Food – Meals are a social event
- Nature – June is a stormy month
- To Market, To Market – The local grain elevator
- The Season’s End – Harvest festivals
- Business or Way of Life? – Farming is both
Folks can also post their own stories of wheat harvest activity, and play an interactive game.
Give it a whirl!